Friday, May 11, 2012

Family in Korea Day 8: Separate Ways

Papa&Sisters to Seoul Grand Park; Mama,Aunt&I to Shopping
Friday, April 13, 2012.


Just like what I mentioned in my previous blogs, each person has different interests in traveling.  And we are not an exception to this.  My mother and aunt wants to go shopping, or shall I say, get to see the department stores and other shopping areas of Korea, while my sisters just want to play around and see new things.  If there is a luxury of time, you can accommodate both interests but how about if you don't have enough time?


And this happened to us, so we decided to go on separate ways. My group just went around the city shopping area while my sisters and my heroic father whose interest is the interests of my sisters joined them to Seoul Grand Park. I just taught them on how to go to the park.


How to get there? How much? What is it? Just like my post on Family in Korea Day 7: Everland, I will get into the details of Seoul Grand Park in my next blog.


Needless to say, I didn't join them and I haven't been to Seoul Grand Park so I'm not the right person to comment about it in detail.  However, based on my sources (my family, friends and relatives) who have visited there, as well as the blogs I've read about it and their website, it is one of the must-visit places especially if you travel with kids.  My sisters enjoyed the place so much and they saw different kinds of animals.  Never-heard-before or book-based-only animals were there! They didn't thought they would see those animals until they went to the park.


In fact, one of the comments of my relative who has 4 lovely kids along with her when she went to Korea, "I like Grand Park more than Everland.  You MUST visit this place."  And actually she was the reason why we, or the "other group" went to Seoul Grand Park. I cannot agree or disagree on her statement because I haven't been there.  But I will definitely visit that place before I head back home.


Just a run through of pictures in Seoul Grand Park (It's was pre-spring that's why the trees are bare):
Entrance and Food Stalls Area


With a huge Tiger

Seoul Grand Park Grounds
With the Monkeys and Gorillas
While recharging
That's all I can say for the park. I hope to visit it soon and to write something about it.


How about our group?  We just went back again to Myeongdong shopping area to see and visit more of the shops in details.  Afterwards, we went straight to Lotte Department Store, Lotte Young Plaza and  Shinsegae in Namdaemun area (Shinsegae in Busan is the biggest department store in the world), three of the big department stores in Korea.  They actually didn't but anything.  We just went there to see how their department stores look like and can tell to their friends "We've been to this department store and it's so huge and nice! You would see all signature shops inside. Name it!"
Lotte Department Store


Lotte Young Plaza

Shinsegae Department Store


These department stores are just 10minutes from each other.  In fact, Lotte Department Store and Lotte Young Plaza is just a across each other (a street separating both shops).


Oh, and we had Andong Jjimdak (안동찜닭 - Marinated Chicken with Soy Sauce) for lunch.  It is like the adobo in the Philippines and it's very delicious with just one and the same complain, SPICY!
안동찜닭 (Marinated Chicken with Soy Sauce)
We also had some coffee shots in starbucks and they bought the collector's city tumblr by Starbucks.  If you happen to collect those items, better grab one and get a free Venti drink of any kind.  It's a very good deal! I'm not sure, though, if it was a promotional event or they do it all the time.


Because of our right decision, everyone was satisfied despite the lack of time.  My group got to see the shopping areas and the other group enjoyed the scenery in the park.


That's if for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LINKWITHIN

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...