Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Family in Korea Day 5: EXPO Bridge

EXPO Bridge
Tuesday, April 10, 2012.


It's Tuesday. Still a school day but I only have 1 class for the day at 3:30pm 'til 6:00pm.  So, we are scheduled to see more of my lovely city.  Next question: Where will we go? What are we going to see?


EXPO Bridge! Before I went to Korea, I researched about the places to visit in Korea and especially in Daejeon and one of the famous places here in EXPO Bridge.  Hence, I immediately visited the place when I arrived here (barely 5days after I arrived. maybe?).  And honestly, I haven't returned to this place until today! 
Government Complex Daejeon

Here we go.  We went to EXPO Bridge via bus 605 (the only bus in my place. good thing it passes near the bridge).  It was around 40minutes by bus going to Government Complex bus stop.  My family has recharged from a very good rest the day before. So up for another long walk.  When we arrive the station, we walked going to the bridge for about 30minutes (considering our very slow pacing).  But they enjoyed a lot because of the beautiful scenery.  However, it was drizzling while going around the place so we were quite paralyzed due to umbrella sharing.  Not to mention the weather! It was also cold. 

Rested at the EXPO grounds after the long walk
My family enjoyed so much in the beautiful scenery and took a lot of photos.  By the way, we were all hungry because we didn't have breakfast before going here. But they didn't feel it until we were going back for another 30min walk in the rain and 20min subway ride going to Daejeon station. Thanks to the perfect landscape around EXPO. Travel Tip: When traveling, please don't forget to have a sumptuous breakfast for a very long day. 







EXPO Bridge
EXPO Bridge Jumpshot
EXPO Grounds jumpshot
EXPO Grounds
Wondering why we went to Daejeon Station?  We were scheduled to go back to Seoul at night so we went here while killing the time.  And Daejeon station is already near Daejeon's old downtown (은행동) so they just wandered around the downtown while I attended my afternoon class and before boarding the train. And yes, they saw the first few cherry blossoms in Daejeon.
Aya with Cherry Blossoms

Aya at Daejeon downtown
Papa at Daejeon downtown
Alright. Back to the blog. We had our lunch in Daejeon station restaurant.  The food was nice! They liked it so much!  According to them, food in Korea is actually better than the food in HongKong and Macau.  I mean they can manage the taste of the food even though its quite spicy.
Daejeon Station restaurant
After my class, I went directly to Daejeon Station bringing with me 2 huge boxes to bring back to Philippines. Why? I'm going back home after 2months and instead of shipping back some stuffs that I won't use anymore like winter jackets, some formal clothes, books etc., I just asked my parents to bring it.  My friend Yeji and my former Korean buddy Justin joined me going to the station so they helped me carry the boxes and my duffle bag for the next 5days of stay in Seoul.  Thanks for joining me Yeji&Justin!
My family with Yeji and Justin at Daejeon Station

I arrived in the station earlier so my family had a chance to talk to my Korean friends. We chit-chatted while waiting for the time and had some funny conversations. The topic runs from school to traveling in the Philippines to Korean culture to Filipino culture to anything under the sun. They waited for us to board the train before they leave.  In fact, they even joined us to the train tracks.  
At Daejeon Station
Oh. We took the KTX (Korea Train Express) going from Daejeon to Seoul, contrary to what we rode from Seoul to Daejeon.  The train ride is just 1hr but the price is 2x more expensive than the ordinary Mugunghwa train.  So if you have the luxury of time, you can take the ordinary train and save while if you don't have enough time, it's good to take the KTX train, you can save time but it's worth the price. In our case, we took the KTX train for experience.  So that in the end, my family could say "I've tried the KTX in Korea."  By the way, this is their first regional train ride.
KTX at Seoul Station

Travel Tip: You can check the schedule and book the regional train tickets online at info.korail.com/2007/eng/eng_index.jsp. If you use the english website, you still have to go to the counter to confirm your booking while if you the korean website, you can just go directly to the train tracks.  


We arrived in Seoul Station at 8:30pm.  But before heading back home, we decided to pass by Lotte Mart to buy some food for breakfast for the next 5days and some Korean food to bring back to the Philippines.  After a short shopping in Lotte, we head back home via AREX line.
Seoul Station AREX Line with my 2boxes and duffle bag

Then we rested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LINKWITHIN

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...