Friday, June 1, 2012

Family in Korea Day 10: Departure

Sunday Mass / Family's Departure
Sunday, April 15, 2012


This day was like any other day back in the Philippines.  My family had to do early morning rush to catch up for the 10:00am Mass.  This time, it's not in the Philippines, and it's not the usual 5-minute walk from our house to the church, but in Korea and approximately 45-minute travel time (walk-bus-walk). I finally attended mass with my family again after almost a year.
Gimpo Catholic Church

We attended the Mass at Gimpo Catholic Church. Too bad I can't give any information because I deleted it already in my notes.  But one thing for sure, it's very near from the bus stop.  If you have GPS, you can easily detect the place.
Inside Gimpo Catholic Church
We still have this day, but we don't have money anymore so we decided to go to Gimpo International Airport to change some dollars.  Travel Tip: If you are just changing a small amount of money, better change in airport than having a hard time looking for an money exchange kiosk with just small difference. 
Gimpo International Airport

We also had our lunch in Gimpo Airport. Where? Just bought some lunch box in 7-11 and ate it in the airpot benches.  My father also prepared some "kimbab", or like a very convenient snack for my family while transiting. It's like the "biscuits" of the Philippines - 'pampatawid gutom'.  Then, we went back home to pack the luggages and get some rest.


Around 4:00pm, we started our trip to Incheon International Airport. From Gimpo area, we went to Gimpo Airport and took the Airport Limousine bus from there to Incheon Airport.  The bus ride is just 5000won per person and very comfortable because it will bring you directly to the airport terminal.
Incheon International Airport
Travel Tip: If you travel with big luggages, I suggest to take the Airport Limousine buses wherever your destination may be. It may cost a little more than the AREX train, but convenience with this cannot be paid off.  If you travel without or manageable luggage, take the AREX train to save some pennies.


You can check the link below for the Airport Limousine Bus Routes:

  1. Incheon International Airport: http://bit.ly/aa0cU0
  2. Gimpo International Airport: http://bit.ly/LNHKPQ
In the airport, my family decided to check-in early because Incheon Airport in itself is already considered a tourist destination.  In fact, it is ranked as the World's Best Airport 2012 in the annual Airport Service Quality Awards by Airport Council International (ACI) for 7 consecutive years already.  Also, they were not able to see the airport when we arrived because we rush to catch up the limousine bus back home.

Travel Tip: If you are just waiting for your flight from travel, I suggest to wait and wander around Incheon International Airport. Time would pass by so fast in this place.

Afterwards, I went back home directly to Daejeon City.  I took the AREX train to Seoul Station and KTX train to Daejeon.  I didn't take the limousine bus because I don't have any luggage with me. But if I had luggages, I would definitely take the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LINKWITHIN

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...