Sunday, August 17, 2014

Fuji-Q Highlands: Home of Roller Coasters

April 29, 2013

Another once-in-a-lifetime experience I had in 2013 was to visit the thrilling, breath taking, and home of roller coasters in Japan, Fuji-Q Highland.  From the entrance, you can  already see up close the famous Fuji-san or Mt. Fuji, where the name of the theme park came from.
Fuji-Q Highlands Entrance

Before going to the park, I was really excited to try all the rides and I’m up for all the challenges. But seeing the rides up close and personal, it seemed like I can’t make it especially if I take up the challenge alone. But if someone was willing to ride with me, will have definitely ridden all the coasters! In the end, I tried the King of All Coasters, Fujiyama and Dodonpa.

Not to mention the breathtaking view!
Fuji-Q Grounds
Its famous roller coasters include the following:

Fujiyama: 79m high, top speed of 130km/hr and a total length of 2045m. It was once the 8th tallest, 5th longest and 10th fastest roller coaster in 2007.

Crazy. This is one of the best roller coasters I’ve ridden. And I’m looking forward to try other coasters in the future. The lines were very long but it was all worth it to experience this one-of-a-kind roller coaster. The warm-up move was to climb the 71m and getting ready for the 1st drop. While we were slowly moving up, my bones were shaking whether I could make it or not but there was no backing out! The thought of it was really crazy!

After my first ride, I want more! And we took it for another ride at night to save the best ride for last! It was really a great experience!

Dodonpa: 52m high, top speed of 172km/hr. It was once the world’s fastest roller coaster. Currently, it's the 4th world fastest roller coaster behind the Top Thrill Dragster in Cedar Point, Sandusky, Ohio (193km/hr),  Kingda Ka in Six Flags Great Adventure, Jackson, New Jersey (206km/hr) and of course, Formula Rossa in Yas Island, Abu Dhabi with a whopping speed of 240km/hr.

Insane. If you are not fond of roller coaster or half-hearted to try one, brace yourself up for this ride. Like I said earlier, it was once the faster roller coaster and it held the record for 17months. Now, it's the world’s 4th fastest roller coaster but still holds the fastest in acceleration reaching its top speed in 1.8seconds. Before you know it, you are already cruising at 172km/hr. It seemed like I was in an open airplane at its take off speed!

At the start of the ride, you are inside a tunnel while the coaster cars seemed to be refueling as it absorbs compressed air to power the thrill ride. Really insane!

I haven’t tried these next two rides but seeing it is crazy!

Eejanaika: 76m high, 126km/hr. It features a 4-dimension roller coaster ride that aside from the regular height, fast speed and twist and turns, the seats also revolves all together making it crazier than any other ride.

Takabisha: It boasts a 121 degree free fall to start the ride with 7 major twists in a kilometer ride. There’s also a 43m drop and a vertical climb, yes literally vertical, while sitting down.

Of course, it’s not all about coasters. There were also rides for kids such as Ferris Wheel, Bump Cars, Boat Rides and the like. The view was also picture perfect!




I don’t know if I could visit this theme park again. But if I get the chance, will make sure to experience Eejanaika and Takabisha rides on top of the previously conquered Fujiyama and Dodonpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LINKWITHIN

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...